I have a immune deficiency due to having treatments for previous infections ,c-diff, sepsis, many gram negative bacterial infections,. Etc. That my body doesn't make plasma anymore to protect me from any antibodies. I have something called intravenous IVIG every 2 weeks to boost my immune system ( plasma) to help fight off infections but am very susceptible to any type of disease or infection because my body doesn't make any antibodies. Doe this leave me more susceptible to melanoma if cancer runs in the family? Ive had cervical and breast cancer, my father, Melanoma, leukemia,brain tumor, prostate cancer, mothers side many types too. Just wondering and would this effect my treatment if I did have it since I'm already on infusions?
Thank you I am but they are booked and can't see me for several months
While it's not possible to diagnose melanoma without a medical examination, it's important to know that melanoma can appear anywhere on the body - even in areas with little sun exposure. Having a family history of melanoma (like your father) is a significant risk factor that should be taken seriously. Use the ABCDE rule to Show Full Answer